Biodun Iginla, BBC News

Biodun Iginla, BBC News

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

BREAKING: Dylan Farrow to discuss Woody Allen assault claim in first TV interview


Woody Allen and Dylan FarrowImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionAllen has never been prosecuted over Farrow's claim he assaulted her in 1992
by Tamara Kachelmeier and Biodun Iginla, BBC News Entertainment reporters, New York
Dylan Farrow will appear on US TV later to talk about her sexual assault claim against film-maker Woody Allen.
"I am credible and I am telling the truth," Farrow will be heard saying in her first television interview.
Farrow has repeatedly accused Allen, her adoptive father, of molesting her when she was seven, claims the director has always denied.
A number of actors have distanced themselves from Allen as Hollywood's sexual harassment scandal continues.
They include Timothee Chalamet, who announced this week he will give his salary for appearing in Allen's next film to charity.
Allen was investigated over a 1992 claim by Farrow that he sexually assaulted her at the family's Connecticut home.
Prosecutors decided not to charge the film-maker and he has always denied the allegations, which he claimed had been fabricated by his former partner Mia Farrow.
Dylan Farrow with mother MiaImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionFarrow, now 32, was adopted by Mia Farrow when she was two weeks old
In a series of tweets posted ahead of last week's Golden Globes award ceremony, Dylan Farrow reiterated her claims that Allen was a "predator".
"I think it's important that people realise that one victim, one accuser, matters, and that they are enough to change things," she will be seen telling presenter Gayle King on CBS This Morning.
The interview was filmed on Monday at Farrow's home in Bridgewater, Connecticut.
Sexual misconduct in the film industry has been a hot topic since last October, when a number of women came forward to accuse producer Harvey Weinstein of harassment and rape.
Since then a number of other Hollywood figures have been accused, among them Kevin Spacey, Dustin Hoffman and Steven Seagal.

Follow us on Facebook, on Twitter @BBCNewsEnts, or on Instagram at bbcnewsents. If you have a story suggestion email entertainment.news@bbc.co.uk.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

1 comment:


  1. Greetings to everyone on this blog forum, I want to tell you all about a financial breakthrough that Mr, lee offered me to get through when I was starving with my business and family during the covid19 pandemic. I came across Mr lee on blog spot by someone recommends him to anyone looking for loan I was so excited and I got motivated too to be in that position of financial freedom as my family was starving, I contacted Mr lee on what's app which I told him my life story about financial situation he sends me an application form to fill with my details which I did then after he sends me loan agreement then I forwarded it to my lawyer to take a look and advise me on how to go about it then after I signed the loan agreement after that my loan was approved few hours back bank contact me for funds transfer and charges that I need to clear at the bank counter I cleared the charges which I received my loan the next day that I cleared the bank charges so it's was really nice working with Mr lee and I thank him a lot of the help that he gave me which really help my family from starvation. Contact Mr Lee on Email: 247officedept@gmail.com or talk to him on whatsapp + 19893943740. For quick response because he's always busy but they have some other professional team co-worker working with him as well but I recommend Mr Lee to anyone looking for financial help.

    ReplyDelete